How tax efficient
With a constantly evolving tax system in the United Kingdom, managing your tax affairs effectively is becoming increasingly challenging, but essential. We have a wealth of relevant experience. We’ll tap into all your tax saving opportunities.
Corporate Tax Advisory & Compliance
Keep on the right side of HMRC whilst making sure you don’t pay more than you need to. Get regular tips on how to save Corporation Tax so you don’t miss out on tax saving opportunities.
- Business tax and Corporate Tax planning and returns (CT600 Returns)
- Tax efficient remuneration packages – including dividend planning (PAYE & Dividend Planning)
- Employee benefits packages
- IR35 reviews for contractors
- Company car planning
- Exit planning
Individuals with a wide range of financial needs and circumstances make up our valued personal tax clients. As we get to know you, we tailor our services to meet your needs. Our personal tax team can use a wealth of knowledge and experience to put you in the most favourable situation. Our team will keep you informed of any changes in the increasingly complex tax system so you remain compliant and enjoy peace of mind.
- Personal Tax planning and returns (Self-Assessment Tax Returns)
- Capital Gains Tax Planning
- Trust & Estate Planning
Through close collaboration with you, we’ll find out the details behind any transaction and add significant value throughout.
- VAT Advisory: We’ll work with you to mitigate the VAT cost and administrative burden associated with material capital transactions. This includes your estate strategy, your Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) activity, property transactions and your outsourcing plans.
- VAT Compliance Services: From basic support and checking of pre-prepared returns, right through to the full outsourcing of your VAT compliance function – working with our team will give you complete peace of mind.
R&D Tax Credits
Have you overlooked a source of funding that could result in a much-needed free injection of cash? Research & Development (R&D incentives have been a focus of ours since 2000 when the government introduced a scheme to encourage scientific and technological innovation within the UK. By simplifying the process we can help you take advantage of this generous tax relief.
- If you’ve invested in Research & Development, you may be eligible to receive up to 33% of what you invested as tax relief.
- R&D and innovation go beyond lab coats and test tubes. Often, businesses overlook valuable claims because they assume they aren’t eligible. The average R&D tax claim is with around £64,562, and there is a potentially untapped source of funding which can be re-invested into your business, in any way you deem appropriate. Invested in the right way, this can accelerate your growth and propel your business forward.
SEIS / EIS
Looking for investment?Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS) and Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) can help attract investors and make your business dream a reality.Without the right funding and investment from outside the business, you can’t get your business idea started, you can’t expand the team, and you can’t invest in growth.
- It incentivises investment in early-stage start-ups and scale-ups
- It provides tax relief for UK taxpayers who buy shares in your business
- Investors will receive significant income tax relief which protects the downside of their investment making it much more likely for you to secure investment from UK based angels
- SEIS and EIS investment is not debt finance; meaning you don’t need to worry about any interest or repayment considerations. Investors know that if the company is successful, they will be rewarded through dividends or a profitable exit. And if the company fails, investors can avail of loss relief.
Enterprise Management Incentives (EMI)
EMI option plans are tax-advantaged share options. They provide the option-holder with the opportunity to acquire shares in their employer at an agreed exercise price. The employer has discretion as to which employees may participate and also the terms applying to each individual.
- An employer can grant share options worth up to £250,000 (at the date of grant) for each selected employee and up to £3 million for all employees.
- We will help you secure a valuation with HMRC, design your scheme and look after all the important compliance from that point onwards.
- Designing the scheme is super important to attract high calibre staff to your business.
We’re here to help your business
reach its full potential.
Anspach & Hobday raised more than £575,000 through Crowdcube, and has been backed by more than 730 investors, offering 10.51% equity in the business, which gives it a pre-money valuation of £4.9m
“Square Mile Accounting have helped us implement our EMI scheme and stay on the right side of EIS applications and compliance. In these matters it is not about what you have considered it’s about what you haven’t – that’s what can cause problems. David has walked me through how everything works and I’ve now got confidence for my employees and shareholders that these matters are being handled properly and true to purpose. I would recommend this service.”
Jack Hobday, Co-founder of Anspach & Hobday
Amplifying their financial wins as a strong business partner for EMI evaluation and R&D Claim
“We joined Square Mile Accounting and immediately felt welcomed. The team is professional, approachable and give us the best customer service I ever received. Both when helping with payroll, bookkeeping, EMI evaluation and R&D claim, the team is adding significant value to us as a strong business partner.”
Erik Abrahamsson, Digital Fineprint Co-Founder
Meet your Tax Champion
Claudia Sheena | Head of Tax
Claudia Sheena is an experienced FCA (ICAEW) Qualified Accountant and brings a wealth of knowledge to the team.
Having trained and qualified with a small firm of local accountants, Claudia moved to the City to work for one of the ‘Big’ accountancy firms. She since returned to work for small practices, and now specialises in advising small businesses and start-ups.
She has a particular interest in all things tax-related, and although tax is not everyone’s idea of fun, she finds it rewarding to be able to take a relatively complex issue and finding a solution.
Claudia can help with all areas of tax, including:
- EMI options
- Business Valuations
- (S)EIS schemes
- R&D tax credits
- Capital allowances
- Personal tax
- Capital gains tax
- Corporation tax
Need us on your side?
Our number one priority is you, your business and helping you to make the most of the figures. If that sounds like what you need, then book a call with us!
Square Mile in London
Halkin, 1-2 Paris Garden
London, SE1 8ND
Tel: 0203 282 7109
Square Mile in St Albans
Arquen House, 4-6 Spicer Street
St. Albans, AL3 4PQ
Tel: Tel: + (44) 01727 236 511