The role will have one direct report, a Financial Analyst. This role is part of our 2022 investment plan as we embark on the next stage of our company’s growth and journey towards our vision of being the leading accounting firm for high growth businesses. The candidate must have the capability and gravitas to independently manage many client relationships. As the company grows, there will be many opportunities for progression, either into technical or commercial roles for high performing individuals.
REPORTS TO: Senior Finance Business Partner
- Workload management and delivery of high-quality services to clients.
- Developing and maintaining strong client relationships.
- Spotting new business opportunities when speaking with clients and escalate to the Senior Finance Business Partner.
- Preparation of management accounts and forecasts.
- Review and delivery of year end accounts.
- Management and supervision of work completed by the Financial Analysts.
- Advisory work – Support the Senior Finance Business Partner.
Management and delivery of projects to improve processes and client experience.
- Supervision of off-shored tasks.
- Review practice billing and track one-off engagements through to completion and ensure they are billed.
- Conduct periodic fee reviews of client accounts.
- Participate in new business meetings, supporting the Senior Finance Business Partner.
- Foster collaboration with the wider team and help train direct reports on the firm’s policies, processes, and procedures.
- ACA, ACCA part-qualified with a UK accounting practice, and may have industry experience.
- AAT level 4 qualification desirable, but not essential.
- Excellent academic record.
- Must be autonomous, resilient, and able to employ a logical approach to problem solving
- Strong management skills and ability to manage a sub team.
- Strong organisational and personal skills with foresight to plan workload well in advance.
- A practice background & extensive knowledge of all services provided within an outsourced finance business (accounts, corp tax,
personal tax, payroll, VAT and bookkeeping).
- Ability to adapt to difficult demands, e.g. resource constraints, client issues
- Experience of managing client portfolios with tight deadlines.
- Understanding of the cloud accounting market and a passion for discovering and implementing new technologies.
- Awareness of SEIS, EIS, EMI and R&D tax relief would be desirable but not essential.
- Management and mentoring of trainees